paranoyia
FEAR ME I AM A BOXX!!!!! if you login i will leave you alone but if not ...I WILL BE HERE FOR EVER MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

paranoyia
FEAR ME I AM A BOXX!!!!! if you login i will leave you alone but if not ...I WILL BE HERE FOR EVER MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
paranoyia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» mike's ooc crap
If you're just getting started EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:49 pm by Talos

» Racklor Crado's techs
If you're just getting started EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 am by Racklor

» Beach line
If you're just getting started EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:59 pm by Sahn

» Hajime, Nobuyuki
If you're just getting started EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:02 pm by Geoniesis

» Sturm's Techs
If you're just getting started EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:11 pm by Archaea

» Sturm's Techs
If you're just getting started EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:10 pm by Archaea

» Picnic area
If you're just getting started EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:33 pm by Zéro

» Sub-Terra Graveyard
If you're just getting started EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:41 pm by Zéro

» asch the were dragon
If you're just getting started EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:00 pm by asch the bloody

Affiliates
If you're just getting started Os48p2

If you're just getting started

Go down

If you're just getting started Empty If you're just getting started

Post by Archaea Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:28 pm

Hey this is Archaea one of your Admins. So if you're just starting to play on our RP site, then this is the order in which I recommend you do things.

1. Read the Backstory!
This is an RPing site and reading the backstory will help you understand what the world of Paranoyia is about; also, this will help you greatly when creating your character and giving him/her a background. Yes, you will get to make a character but we will get to that eventually.

2. Read the Basic Rules!
This will tell you the "do's" and "don'ts" of our website. I suggest you follow these rules, as we did put a lot of effort into this website and we don't want to see it being misused in any way. If we catch you breaking our bigger rules constantly, we will ban you. If you are now thinking that we don't have the power to ban you from our website, you’re wrong and I personally am a bit of a hard-ass and will have no remorse for banning you.

3. Read the Advanced Rules!
I know it says it in the Basic Rules, but because you may read all of this before doing anything, I would then suggest looking over the Advanced Rules: Combat and Stats. This will help you determine which kind of path your character will take, and lets you know which stat does what. Also, it tells you how our combat system works. We want to ensure that all fights are fair, and that we don't get any complaints about who's doing what.

4. Read the Races of the Site!
Now, for those of you who have played RPing sites before and do not like the restrictions, we have reasons for having a set of races. In the past, I have played Rping sites before and hated the fact that vampires were always super humanly strong, fast, had godlike relfexes, vision and all this other crap. So, we leveled the playing fields to make the game more fun for everybody.

5. Read the Abilities!
Some of our races have special abilities other than just stat increases. When you see these and panic, don't worry; we have explained, in detail, all the different abilities that we have created.

Well, this is the end of the rules but it’s not the end of this topic. Next, we are going to the character/techs part of your Paranoyia journey.

Follow this link to get to the Character/Techs category. https://paranoyia.forumotion.net/character-techs-f1/ —Once you are there, click on the character info.

At the Character Info, scroll down a little bit and click on the Character Templates. At the bottom of the page is where you receive the code for creating your character; there is also an example of the layout. After finding the code, copy it and go to the PENDING CHARACTER link.

When you have clicked on the link, next what you are going to do is click on the "new topic" button. Then put the code you just copied into the text box, and start creating your character.

9.If you're confused where to put things in your character, always put it after the last italics coding [/ i] {minus the space} thingy like so *Middle Name: {Name here}. A general rule of thumb, you can get rid of these {}, but not these [].

Now, I have had trouble with next one so if you do as well, it's ok I've been there. A good special ability should give your character more versatility in whatever he/she does. Now, an example of a good special ability is you're a fire elementalist that can create physical fire, which normal fire elementalists couldn’t do. A bad one is, instead of the physical fire, saying he has a super exploding ability. The difference is the physical fire allows for the creation of multiple techniques, while the exploding fire is only one technique. Yes, you can create your own moves, but that's later on in the program. Also your weapon can have a minor special ability, an example of one on the site is that their weapon can extend up to seven feet long. Again your weapons special ability should give your character more versatility, but you are fairly limited in what your weapons special ability can do.

Now, you will have to wait for your character to be accepted by one of the Admins because we're not going to accept ridiculous things such as, "my special ability is that I can control other people's element" no, that won't fly by any of the Admins. However, when your character and ability are approved, you can start working on your stats.

Here comes the complicated stuff, so try and pay attention!

In order to find your stats just look on the upper left hand part of the web page and click on profile. After that, find the stats sheet link and poof you're there. It sounds easy, but seriously you wouldn't find it otherwise.

You'll see that all of your stats are at 5, now you will be able to change as seen fit. Excluding the stats that will change depending on what race you have chosen, you will also be given 25 stat points to change your stats. Once again, excluding your racial stat changes, you can have up to 15 points in any one stat at first level. Every level after the first, the maximum increases by five and you get 8 more stat points which you can only put 5 into any one stat and a flat rate of increase of 2 points in every stat. you also get 30 more health points as well as 10 mana and stamina. Then you can choose either 30 more points to put into your health, 10 into your mana, or 10 into stamina. When you have leveled up, we will send you a message telling all of this info and then you must message us back telling us how you like to upgrade your character. Now, we're not stupid (alright, well, Geoniesis is kinda dumb) and we can add, so there's not even a point to try and trick us because we just won't do it otherwise.

I know this is kinda dragging on but trust me it will pay off in the end. Now, you've read the rules and the game and have made your character, or at least know in what order to do things. So now, we begin on the techniques, your very own personalized arsenal of kick ass moves.

Once again, you will go into Characters/Techs category, but this time click on techniques.

You will once again find the template, copy it, and paste it into a new topic in the PENDING TECHS. This template describes very well how to create your very own moves, but again, you will have to wait for us to approve it.

Holy crap, is it just me or did that go on forever? But, now, you have the tools to navigate our site. Remember, these are just my suggestions, and not the exact order you have to do things. If you do have any other questions, just private message (PM) us and we'll do our best.
Well, I hope you enjoy our website. Archaea out.

Archaea
Archaea
level1

Stat sheet
Health:
If you're just getting started Left_bar_bleue2000/2000If you're just getting started Empty_bar_bleue  (2000/2000)
Stamina:
If you're just getting started Left_bar_bleue1000/100If you're just getting started Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/100)
Mana:
If you're just getting started Left_bar_bleue1000/1000If you're just getting started Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum