paranoyia
FEAR ME I AM A BOXX!!!!! if you login i will leave you alone but if not ...I WILL BE HERE FOR EVER MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

paranoyia
FEAR ME I AM A BOXX!!!!! if you login i will leave you alone but if not ...I WILL BE HERE FOR EVER MUWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
paranoyia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» mike's ooc crap
advanced kombat rules  EmptySat May 28, 2011 8:49 pm by Talos

» Racklor Crado's techs
advanced kombat rules  EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 8:28 am by Racklor

» Beach line
advanced kombat rules  EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 7:59 pm by Sahn

» Hajime, Nobuyuki
advanced kombat rules  EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 12:02 pm by Geoniesis

» Sturm's Techs
advanced kombat rules  EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:11 pm by Archaea

» Sturm's Techs
advanced kombat rules  EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 7:10 pm by Archaea

» Picnic area
advanced kombat rules  EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 3:33 pm by Zéro

» Sub-Terra Graveyard
advanced kombat rules  EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 2:41 pm by Zéro

» asch the were dragon
advanced kombat rules  EmptyWed Nov 24, 2010 8:00 pm by asch the bloody

Affiliates
advanced kombat rules  Os48p2

advanced kombat rules

2 posters

Go down

advanced kombat rules  Empty advanced kombat rules

Post by Talos Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:20 pm

advanced kombat rules  Roc-logosmall
Alright, so this is Talos, bringing you the code of conduct and the "how to”s for both lethal, and non-lethal combat.
Actually, that might make a good place to start.

All combat outside of designated areas can and often will end with a fatal outcome. There will be areas set up where death is impossibility, and we suggest you spar in these areas.

This is in Basic Rules, but just to restate, no posting in two areas at once. If someone hasn't posted somewhere for a while, tell an admin, and we will allow to you post elsewhere.

Even spars use mana and stamina. This is for several reasons:
a) To avoid spars where people say they could have won if they just used all their good techs
b) So no one has to hold back to have a "fair" spar.
c) So we don't just spam health until Level 8 to own up spars.

Here's where it gets a little tricky.

On other sites, if you have a defensive technique, it simply states what kind of attack it prevents (at their core) {e.g. bubble shield: stops ranged attacks for three posts.}
Here, on paranoyia, 9/10 defensive techniques will stop a certain amount of damage. The damage stopped will be reliant on what stat is used predominantly in the tech; for some occasions, this will be a combination of two stats. {e.g. sidestep: leaps to the side to avoid damage. Damage prevented would be something like, 5+speed}
Any damage that has spilled over the defensive technique goes to the defender's health, along with any effects the attack carries. Alright, still with me? Good. Now, if you want to avoid any spillover damage, you can stop 1 point of damage by using 1 point of stamina or 1 point of mana (dependent on the defensive technique used) if all damage is avoided, then all secondary effects are avoided also.

All effects with post durations are assumed to go by user posts. All damage per post also go on user's turn so as to avoid something with a 3 user post duration, doing 5 damage per post in a 4 person spar. (Damage gets a liiiiiittle bit over the top in these situations.)

There are going to be serious limitations to stun effects. This doesn't mean there won’t be any; it just means it will be limited to one, maybe two stun techs a person. We’d like to think that strategy consists of a little more than stunning and rib kicking a knocked out opponent. Also, stun effects are presumed to stun the mind and body, unless otherwise noted, assume anything that says "stun" does this. I would advise you use the word "stun" instead of "stops them" or "paralyzes" unless you want them to be mentally active while undergoing your attempt at a stun.

I have two pet peeve words, undodgeable, and unblockable. For the love of the gods, use these words and I will have your character's head. Here’s the reason; it is entirely ignorant to assume that your technique surpasses anyone's ability to dodge, ever. You’re saying that someone who can teleport, stop time, alter the fabric of space could not avoid, or halt your attack. You may say "is almost impossible to dodge if they do not know it's coming" but never undodgeable, or unblockable. Now, don't try to outsmart me and say "impossible to dodge" or "cannot be stopped" I can read between the lines, so please, no unstoppable attacks.

Counters. A counter will consist of two parts: the defensive part, and the offensive part. Adding to that, there are two kinds of basic counters we will allow; but that will be talked about in a sec. The defensive part of the counter will prevent damage; however, it will not automatically prevent all damage. Also, a counter will not prevent as much damage as a purely defensive technique. The offensive part of the counter can deal damage and/or have a secondary effect, such as poison. A counter will not be as damaging as a purely offensive technique. Now, there are two basic kinds of counters:
The first kind requires that all damage is stopped in order for any damage to be dealt to the attacker. With this counter, secondary effects and damage will be stronger, and more brutal.
The second kind of counter does not require all damage to stop in order for damage/secondary abilities to be dealt back to the attacker. With this counter, the damage dealt back along with any secondary effect will be lesser compared to the prior. This is the default counter; unless stated otherwise, this is the counter type we will assume you are using. (Talk to the Admins about this rule if you have suggestions. We, and by extension our rules, are not perfect.)

Passive techs are techniques that are constantly active. They cost one large cost at the beginning of combat and continue to work through the entire battle. Passive techs are powerful ways to beat your opponent and over come your weaknesses. E.g. a passive tech could heal you by 5 health per post meaning your opponent would have to deal at least 5 damage to you each post to have any effect. You may only make passive techs when you have gained enough points in a certain stat.

Now obviously you’re wondering what the stats govern and if not I’m going to tell you anyway. Basically, your stats are your characters physical and mental capabilities. It’s a way to compare your characters.

Strength
This stat can govern the effectiveness of your physical attacks and your physical defenses. this stat also may also decide how strong your character is in certain situations (e.g if your opponent has much higher strength than you and he gets you in a bear hug you can’t simply break out of it without either using a tech which dose so or by using stamina points to boost your strength stat for that action.)

Speed
This stat governs your characters standard attack speed and the effectiveness of their evasion defensive techs. This also determines the amount of actions your character can make during each post. An action is either a basic attack (slash, stab, shoot and so forth), a technique, or an ability being activated. It is, simply put, anything but dialogue.
-If you have less than 20 speed, you get one physical action per post (i.e physical techs).
-If you have 20 - 39 speed you get 2 physical actions.
-If you have 40 - 59 speed you get 3 actions and 60 or more speed is 4 physical actions per post.

Althetics
Athletics determines the amount of physical techniques that your character may have. If you have 5 athletics you may have 5 physical techniques get it? When you reach 20 cunning you may make a passive physical tech, at 40 you may make another and at 60 you may make a third.

Intelligence
This governs your mental/energy damage. It is how strong your mind is. It may also govern the strength of your defensive mental stats.

Will
This is the defense stat of your mind. It is the same as speed except it's used for stopping mental/energy type attacks. This works the same way for determining the amount of mental attacks you perform do per post in the same way speed governs physical actions. So, less than 20 Will = 1 action, 20 – 39 Will = 2 and so forth.

Cunning
This governs how many mental techs you can have. It is the mental equivalent of athletics. When you reach 20 cunning you may make a passive mental tech, at 40 you may make another and at 60 you may make a third.

EXP {Experience Points}
When your EXP reaches 100 you raise one level. You increase your EXP by battling, or other means, and sending a link to your battle to an admin for them to add the appropriate EXP. Other ways of gaining EXP besides battling are if a god gives you a quest. You can request a quest from a mod in order to get your character stronger, and possibly a new weapon or useful item for battle.

When you level up an admin will send you a PM telling you how many points you have to spend on your stats. You will then tell an admin how many points to add to each stat. Upon joining, you have 25 points to put wherever with a max of 15 in any stat (every stat starts at 5 +/- your racial bonuses). You will PM an admin where you want your stat points to go, and they will adjust them accordingly.

Any of these stats can be used to deal damage if your technique logically uses that stat.(e.g if my tech was basically me running into them as fast as i could then the damage might rely upon speed.)

Any questions can be PM'd to Talos, myself or any other Admins.

Talos
Talos
Admin

Stat sheet
Health:
advanced kombat rules  Left_bar_bleue1000/1000advanced kombat rules  Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Stamina:
advanced kombat rules  Left_bar_bleue1000/1000advanced kombat rules  Empty_bar_bleue  (1000/1000)
Mana:

Back to top Go down

advanced kombat rules  Empty Re: advanced kombat rules

Post by Geoniesis Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:13 pm

This will be a mock battle so those of you who dont understand can understand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
*a Palace gaurd enters the empty arena drawing his long sword and watching the chrome gate as it lifts*
Action1: nothing

lvl:1
HP:100
Stamina:55
Mana:30

strength: 15
speed: 15
Athletics: 10
intelligence:5
will:5
Cuning:5
------------------
(new post)

*stepping out of the gate is a large 7 foot minotour with a large steel hammer on his back. He Grunts loudly as he scrapes his hoofs in the ground lowering his head ready to charge*

stamina:55

Strength: 23
speed:10
Athletics:10
intelligence:2
will:2
Cunning:5

(^the above are called the initiation posts. they start the fight there are no attacks these posts. they arnt nessicary, they just add the feel.)

-------------------
*the gaurd watches carefully hopeing to use the monsters low intillect to his advantage*
Action1: none

Stamina:55

------------------------------
*the minotour charges towards the gaurd head lowered*
Action1:
name:charge (strength = 23 damage)
level:1
Cost:5 stamina
effect:Strength stat
description: a rushing attack useing leg stength to smash your way through an opponent.

stamina:50

-------------------------------
*the gaurd brought the flat of his blade up to block the horns grunting as the sheer force of the minotour knocking him back*

action1:
name: basic defense
cost:5
effect:defends against physical -strength stat
description: a block useing the flat of there blade to hold off physical attacks.

HP:92
Stamina:45

---------------------
*The minotour grabbed the hammer from his back ready to swing it down on the gaurds head*

stamina:50

------------------------

*the gaurd took this chance to attack and lunged forword with a move that is learned by many of the guards.*

Action1:
Name: Uppercut
Level:1
type:physical
Cost:20 stamina
Effect: strength * 2
Description: A forword lung moveing swiftly into a cross cut then an uppercut with the blade.

HP:92
Stamina:30

-----------------------

*The minotour took the hit regretfully barley trying to dodge then swung the large hammer putting extra force into it*

action1:
name:THUD
cost:5 stamina (bonus: +45 stamina added)
effect: strength stat (bonus: +45)
description: A large overhead swing with a blunt object creating a large THUD and memory loss. <(not really). A brute beast useing this technique can add extra stamina in to this technique for a 1 to 1 ratio.

HP:70
stamina:0

--------------------------------
*the palace gaurd used another technique known exclusivly to the palace gaurds to counter the minotours swing*

Action1:
name: bigger they come
cost: 25 stamina
effect: strength of opponents attack + strength
description: By deflecting the opponents physical attack and useing there momentum they thrust there blade into the opponents chest. they take half the damage of the opponents attack if the damage is higher than 30.

HP:58
Stamina:5

-------------------------
*the minotour took the stab into the chest and tetered over before falling on his back.*

KO

And that is the basics of a fight any more questions just ask.

Last edited by Geoniesis on Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Geoniesis
Geoniesis
Admin

Stat sheet
Health:
advanced kombat rules  Left_bar_bleue100/100advanced kombat rules  Empty_bar_bleue  (100/100)
Stamina:
advanced kombat rules  Left_bar_bleue200/200advanced kombat rules  Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)
Mana:
advanced kombat rules  Left_bar_bleue200/200advanced kombat rules  Empty_bar_bleue  (200/200)

https://paranoyia.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down